Our recommended excursion routes include the Zátonyi Duna (the Danube’s backwaters), the Fenékküszöb and the Dunakiliti Dam (parts of the hydroelectric power plant and its dam system) where you can observe their monumental scale and unfortunate destructive effect on the environment.
Do not miss the ’harmas hatar’ (tri-border, Hungary, Slovakia and Austria) and other local sights; we are happy to help you with detailed information and planning!
Local walking or cycling trips
The area’s main attractions are the Danube’s numerous backwaters which are perfect for a trip for all nature-lovers. Several of our recommended routes start just outside of our B&B.
- Kockák (the ’Cubes’)
- Janosi Forest and ’Szivárgó’ rampart
- Rudi Meadow Rampart and Gátőr house
- Tehenészet-Pintér Bridge
- Zátonyi-Duna-Tejfalusziget-Pintér Bridge-Dairy-farm -Sports Pub
- Görgeteg Enclosure
Further program opportunities
- Wild water canoeing, speedboat trips
- Horse and carriage rides
- Visiting palinka (Hungarian fruit brandy) distillery in Tejfalusziget
- Horse riding in a local equestrian centre
- FUTURA Interactive Science Adventure Centre in Mosonmagyaróvár
- Thermal baths in Lipót or in Mosonmagyaróvár
- Hédervár Palace